With the evolving changes in the digital age (And 2020), more and more individuals are creating engaging content to share across platforms and to increase their audience size.
Writing for websites can be a daunting task, so we’ve put together our top ten tips to help you understand what can make (or break) your writing.
- Understand your Audience – Before writing, know who you are writing for and why.
- Establish Credibility – Use credible sources with direct links to the information used.
- Start With the Main Idea – Starting your content with your main idea allows your audience to quickly search for the information.
- Avoid Jargon – Make your information easy to understand and accessible.
- Scannable Text – Avoid long and lengthy paragraphs. Your audience should be able to skim your article.
- Be Concise – Stick to one message per section.
- Tone of Writing – Your writing should invite your audience to your content. Be approachable.
- Proof your work – We all make mistakes. Read over your content before you post to make sure everything is neat and squared away.
- Language – Be inclusive and consistent with your language to avoid confusing the reader.
- Be Personable – Make a personal connection with your audience, and engage with them on an individual level.
These tips will help jumpstart your journey to becoming a stronger writer. Writing is a hard process to master, so just have fun with your writing and allow your creativity to enhance the content and bring your audience in.